Skip to main content


Moving Out Of The District

Every year we have several families who move from Oak Harbor to a new area. If your family is preparing to move outside of the district, please notify our attendance secretary, Ms. Amanda Osborn two weeks prior to your last day. Also, if your student will be absent three or more days, please contact Ms. Osborn for a student contract.

We would like to make your transition from our school to your new one as smooth as possible. Providing advance notice and addressing the items below will help you with the transition.

  1. Notify the Oak Harbor Intermediate School Office: Please send a note with your student(s) or stop by and visit. We would like to know your student’s last day of school, your new location, and your signature. This will help us inform our teachers and prepare the withdrawal form ahead of time. If you are moving to a new home within the Oak Harbor area, we will need a copy of your proof of address (a bill, lease agreement, bank statement, etc.) to make a transfer within the Oak Harbor Public Schools.
  2. Verify the Last Day for the New School:  Depending on where you are heading, our school calendar may not align with the school calendar at your new school.  If this is the case, your student will need to work with their teacher to ensure they have performance information on file to transfer.
  3. Return Books and Student Chromebook, & Clear Fines: Textbooks, library books, and your student Chromebook must be returned by the student’s last day of school. Any outstanding books will be placed on the fine list. Make sure your student’s fines are all cleared prior to withdrawing by logging into e-Funds. This will help expedite sending of the official records to the new school. We are unable to send official records while there are outstanding fines.
  4. Special Education Students: Contact Mrs. Sharkey, 279-5073, at the District Office to prepare a copy of your student’s Evaluation and Individualized Education Plan to take with you.
  5. Food Service Balance: Please check the balance on your student’s Food Service Account. If they have a negative balance, please send payment with them. Should they have a positive balance, please contact the Oak Harbor School District Office at 360-279-5000 for a refund.

What Happens on the Student’s Last Day?: On the student’s last day, the withdrawal form will be completed with the necessary grades and signatures needed to complete this process. At the end of the day, the teacher will drop off the form at the office.  Parents should stop by the office to sign the form and pick up paperwork to take with them to expedite their registration process at their new school. If this process does not get completed, it may hold up the student registration process and delay enrollment at their new school.

Our hope is to make this transition as smooth as possible. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Amanda Osborn at 360-279-5300 or by email at